This is a blog about me and my horse Nalle's travel together as horse and human, as companions we've got: love, language, leadership and lightness. Our destination is all about the road we travel and my guide is my furry "drinker of the wind".

söndag 2 januari 2011

Time and patience

I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. -Michael Jordan
My instructor use to say something similar, you get the horse you deserve.
That is so true, if you put your heart into it and walk the long way you will get a superb horse.
Time is the most important key to me, I often think about take the time it takes so it takes less time and
show your horse you've got all the time in the world.
That was something I really had to get good at while trailerloading, we spent 6 weeks doing that last spring and my goal was the old trailerloading test, "swing the rope over your horse back, send him into the trailer, walk away and make sure he can hear you walk away, your horse should stay loose in the open trailer for at least 1 min and dont back out until you ask him".
I would say that before I showed my horse that I can be the most patient and stubborn person alive I didnt have his full respect, I had to walk the long way do the hard work take the time and now we're starting to get results.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar