This is a blog about me and my horse Nalle's travel together as horse and human, as companions we've got: love, language, leadership and lightness. Our destination is all about the road we travel and my guide is my furry "drinker of the wind".

onsdag 12 januari 2011

Jihu some snow to cover the ice!

Today I didnt have a plan when I got to the stable, it's hard to make plans when you dont know if there will be snow or ice or perhaps both...
The arena was hard to walk in even if it wasnt slippery today so I brought Nalle to the small field where we hang out yesterday to feed him, used a small hill to jump on his back. Im glad I've got a small horse when it comes to stunts like that! ;)
When I sat there I could feel that he suddently frooze and then I saw one of the horses in a pasture near by cantering towards us to find out what we're doing. I could feel his heart beating faster and his body preparing to run but I decided to be still and do nothing until he did his "next move".
But instead of tossing his head or get more adrenaline he made a big sigh and lowered his head to eat again, that felt so good that after he finished his food I decided to take a short trailride bareback.
In the forest he stopped every 20 meters to watch the snow-monsters, but everytime he stopped he turned his head and looked at me and asked me what to do. A year ago he would have stopped and turned and if he couldnt turn he would have bucked, so I wouldnt even had considered riding out bareback alone.
It feels like where are really starting to get somewhere!
On the way back we did some zone 5 driving, he's getting good at that :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar