This is a blog about me and my horse Nalle's travel together as horse and human, as companions we've got: love, language, leadership and lightness. Our destination is all about the road we travel and my guide is my furry "drinker of the wind".

söndag 9 januari 2011

Playing in the rain

The day after our trailride we took another one, took the same way but the horses acted abit different from the day before. After a while we realised that they reacted on the shadows! That day was very sunny and there were long shadows on the ground from the trees. They also had some muscle soreness from the day before, there's deep snow on the roads we're riding on and they have to work alot.
I could feel that Nalle was abit stiff, "I'll do what you ask me to but I wont/cant put my heart into it".

Yesterday the plan was to do some online, I've bought a 45" rope that is as thin as the new feather-lines.
For that worked better than the "lasso". I thought Nalle would be sore and not want to play but he was in the mood Im getting spoiled with nowadays, "jihu, what do you want us to play today?".
After a while we did liberty instead because he felt so nice and the liberty worked even better.
He's starting to really get backing up with draw from zone 5, my instructor told me that when they get things in porcupine game it's easy for them to do it at driving game. Sometimes when I back him like that I use some hairs from the tail so we keep that alive aswell, Im also working on how far away I can stand and ask him to back up. We wrapped it up with his favorit game (apart from sideways towards me that he wants to show that he can do now...), stick to me. He usuallly thinks it's really fun to run with me, stop and back up or run and do a fast turn. And to be honest I think it's fun to, mostly because he gets so happy.
When I got back to the stable they asked me if I didnt know that it was raining, I think they had seen us play, and I had notice the rain but we didnt really care to much about it, we've had too much fun.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar