This is a blog about me and my horse Nalle's travel together as horse and human, as companions we've got: love, language, leadership and lightness. Our destination is all about the road we travel and my guide is my furry "drinker of the wind".

tisdag 4 januari 2011

Downside of winter

Havent done much lately, but I blame the ice... Nalle is barefoot so I avoid playing too "hard" when there's ice or slippery snow. There's no point to try and do everything that I would do in good conditions but have to do things like slow down in the corners when cantering and get bad habits. He likes to play at a slow pace and use the head but I dont want to overdo anything, you should always have a balance, so he's getting alot of "time off" now.
Today we had a good day with some fresh snow on top of the old hard one in the arena but I worked all day and then I had to take care of two other horses beside Nalle so instead of having fun in the arena we hang around for abit in the pasture. I wish I some day can train horses for a living so I dont have to be to tired from work to play with my horse...
I've dont have alot of days when I cant find the motivation to play with Nalle, so those few days when I cant find it I cut myself some slack and think to myself "ok, today I dont want to do anything, I'll not hate myself for it". And I know that Nalle is as happy if he just gets hit food and some scratches in his ears... :)
I've got some days off this week and if the weather allows it we're going trailriding, what would do us good.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar