This is a blog about me and my horse Nalle's travel together as horse and human, as companions we've got: love, language, leadership and lightness. Our destination is all about the road we travel and my guide is my furry "drinker of the wind".

lördag 1 januari 2011

Sideways

The sun was shinning today but we had warm weather tonight and cold again this morning so there was too much ice to ride or do something like that. We first went to one of the summerpastures to play but the snow was hard to walk in, we went to the arena instead and Nalle wanned to play.
We've been doing alot of sideways lately, away from and towards me, and now we're stepping it up again. Played abit with sideways in trot and Nalle seamed to like that, his spirit got up when I asked him to do sideways away from me at trot the first time so we kept playing with that for a while.
Tried to make him trot sideways towards me and he understod the meaning of that game pretty fast, he was in a really nice "let's play!"-mood. Troting sideways is hard for him since he havent done that before so he havent used those muscles alot, it's more about not stepping on himself than doing something fancy right now.
So he really needs it! He needs more muscles and better control of his hindlegs to get a better motor.

Those days when I feel that he really wants to understand me and play with me are worth every rainy, cold day spent hanging with him and watch him eat. Even if he shares his food with me, my hair, my arms, my legs, my back and my belly... he's sucha nice horse ;)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar