This is a blog about me and my horse Nalle's travel together as horse and human, as companions we've got: love, language, leadership and lightness. Our destination is all about the road we travel and my guide is my furry "drinker of the wind".

söndag 19 juni 2011

I fell off and Im glad I did

Nalle has not been well for the last couple of days, he caught a cold so we have just spent some undemanding time and a little bit of trailer loading. Today he seamed better so I took him to the paddock to just hang around for abit. We played at liberty, it felt really nice and Nalle was full of energy.

I walked over to the stool and asked if he would let me on, at first he hesitated (perhaps he remembered the last time we rode and I didnt understood that he wasnt feeling alright) but then he came to me.
Im abit unsure riding totally freestyle without a halter since Nalle got a history of bucking, I've been afraid that if he would get scared and run off he would buck me off. But you have to enlarge your comfort zone! It felt nice and he was listening well, but suddently he saw something in the grass next to the paddock and got scared.
When he got scared I got scared and took a "monkey-grip" at the string around his neck and he got ever more scared and started to run off. I did an emergancy dismount/fell off and landed on my feet, Nalle stoped and came back to me.
We walked to the stool and Nalle was soon to help me back up, we did some more freestyle riding so that I could get over my shaking legs. When it felt at its best I got off and gave him a carrot.

Im now glad that I fell off so that I dont have to worry about that part anymore, he didnt buck, not even with me riding bareback with NO balance at all in canter. We've come a long way, I just have to realise how far and learn from Nalle how to live in the moment.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar